Ensure the recognition of deserving scientists and make a nomination before 15 October for Geochemical Fellows and before 15 November for all other awards.
To recognize scientific excellence, the European Association of Geochemistry bestows awards annually, at the Goldschmidt conference.
The EAG awards are:
- The Urey Award for outstanding contributions advancing geochemistry over a career.
- The Houtermans Award for exceptional contributions to geochemistry made by scientists under 35 years old or within 6 years of their PhD.
- The Science Innovation Award for an important and innovative breakthrough in geochemistry. The subject area of this award differs every year, according to a 5 year cycle. The areas covered are: climatology, isotope geochemistry, low temperature and surface geochemistry, petrology and mineral physics, and biogeochemistry. The recipient must be between 35 and 55 years old.
The awards bestowed jointly by the EAG and the Geochemical Society are:
- The Gast Lectureship, awarded to a mid-career scientist for outstanding contributions to geochemistry.
- The Geochemical Fellows, honorary title bestowed upon scientists who have made major contributions to the field of geochemistry.
See photos of past awards on our Facebook page.