This program is aimed at Early Career Scientists based in Europe who wish to attend conferences outside Europe, except for the Goldschmidt conference. The program will support up to 6 scientists per year. The program is aimed to fund conference attendance, not related events such as field trips.
NEW: Apply to attend a virtual event!
Protecting the health and well-being of early career researchers is a priority for the EAG. The EAG Training and Outreach Committee therefore decided to suspend the 2020 Early Career Science Ambassador Program during the current global Covid-19 pandemic. However, to continue to support Early Career Scientists during this difficult time, the Program has now re-opened for applications for virtual events only.
Applicants for virtual conferences may be based in any country. Eligible conferences should be held a minimum of 4 weeks after the application deadline, and may be hosted anywhere in the world. Supported scientists will receive awards that cover the full registration and abstract fees.
The next deadline is 1 October 2020.
Supported scientists will have 50% of their expenses covered by EAG, up to 1500 Euros, and be viewed as EAG Ambassadors while attending the event.
Ambassadors at virtual conferences will receive awards to cover the full cost of abstract and registration fees.
During the event, EAG Ambassadors should display EAG’s support on their presentation or poster (EAG logo, acknowledgements etc).
Following the event, supported scientists should provide a short report on their experience, including a few photos, for publication on the EAG Blog.
Also if data presented at the event appears in a publication, EAG’s support should be acknowledged.
When registering for the conference, please make sure to use all available discount rates – reimbursement of the conference fee will in general be based on the lowest rate (early student registration, if applicable, or member registration rate).
Conditions to apply
- Applicants should be in the final stages of their PhD or within 6 years post PhD
- Applicants should be based in Europe and wish to attend a conference held outside Europe (except a Goldschmidt conference).
For applications to attend virtual conferences, applicants may be based in any country (Europe/outside Europe) and wish to attend a virtual event hosted anywhere in the world.
- The conference that the applicant wishes to attend must take place a minimum of 4 weeks after the application deadline
- Applicants should present a talk or a poster at the conference they wish to attend
- Applicants should be EAG members (check membership or join / renew)
Requests should be sent to the EAG Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following:
- Early Career Ambassador application form
- short CV (one page maximum)
- support letter (addressed to the Committee) from their head of group or department
- applicant’s abstract
- proof of payment of accommodation/registration in the applicant’s name
All documents should be assembled in one single PDF file, in the above order.
Deadlines to send requests are 1 March, 1 June and 1 October. A response from EAG will then be given within four weeks following each deadline.