To promote Early Career Scientists, the European Association of Geochemistry has created the Early Career Science Ambassador Program.
This program is aimed at Early Career Scientists based in Europe who wish to attend conferences outside Europe, except for the Goldschmidt conference. The program will support up to 6 scientists per year. The program is aimed to fund conference attendance, not related events such as field trips.
Supported scientists will have 50% of their expenses covered by EAG, up to 1500 Euros, and be viewed as EAG Ambassadors while attending the event.
During the event, EAG Ambassadors should display EAG’s support on their presentation or poster (EAG logo, acknowledgements etc).
Following the event, supported scientists should provide a short report on their experience, including a few photos, for publication on the EAG Blog.
Also if data presented at the event appears in a publication, EAG’s support should be acknowledged.
When registering for the conference, please make sure to use all available discount rates – reimbursement of the conference fee will in general be based on the lowest rate (early student registration, if applicable, or member registration rate).
Conditions to apply
- Applicants should be in the final stages of their PhD or within 6 years post PhD
- Applicants should be based in Europe and wish to attend a conference held outside Europe (except a Goldschmidt conference).
For applications to attend online, applicants may be based in any country (Europe/outside Europe) and wish to attend a virtual or hybrid event hosted anywhere in the world.
- The conference that the applicant wishes to attend must take place a minimum of 4 weeks after the application deadline
- Applicants should present a talk or a poster at the conference they wish to attend
- Applicants should be EAG members (check membership or join / renew)
Applications should be submitted through the online form below, with the following:
- Short CV (one page maximum)
- Support letter (addressed to the Committee) from the applicant’s supervisor
- Proof of payment of accommodation/registration in the applicant’s name
Deadlines to send requests are 1 March, 1 June and 1 October. A response from EAG will then be given within four weeks following each deadline.
Submit your application here:
To continue to support early career training during the current Covid-19 pandemic, the EAG Training and Outreach Committee adapted the program to allow applications for participation at fully virtual events, in addition to hybrid (onsite + virtual) or fully onsite meetings held outside of Europe.
Applicants who plan to attend a conference online may be based in any country. Eligible conferences should be held a minimum of 4 weeks after the application deadline, and may be hosted anywhere in the world. Supported scientists will receive funding to cover registration and abstract fees.
Applicants who plan to attend a conference onsite may only be based in Europe. Eligible conferences should be held a minimum of 4 weeks after the application deadline, and should be hosted outside Europe. Supported scientists will receive funding to cover registration, abstract fees and travel expenses, up to 1500 Euros.