The Goldschmidt Conference is the joint annual meeting of the Geochemical Society and the European Association of Geochemistry. Both societies are committed to making the conference accessible to students and early career scientists. The Goldschmidt Grant Program provides funding from a variety of sources to help students and early career scientists attend the meeting. The societies devote our own resources to these grants and well as seeking outside support. A major goal of the program is opening the meeting to scientists from countries and backgrounds that have often lacked the resources to participate.
Goldschmidt2021 Extended Grant Program – Waived Registration Only
While the deadline has passed for the usual Grant Program, the GS and EAG are still offering free or reduced-cost registration for students and certain early career scientists, for online participation.
The program provides waived registration fees in the following categories:
- Students and early career scientists (within 6 years of PhD) who reside in countries designated by the World Bank as “low-income” or “lower-middle-income” economies.
- US-based students (undergraduate or graduate) from underrepresented groups in the science and engineering student population, as designated by the NSF, in this case African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders, and Alaskans (with support from NSF).
- US-based students (undergraduate or graduate) from non-PhD-granting institutions (with support from NSF). Refer to the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education to lookup an institution.
- US-based students (undergraduate or graduate) from any US institution who are the first generation in their families to attend college (with support from NSF).
- Students pursuing graduate degrees and post-doctoral scholars working at universities or institutions in the U.S. and its territories who are engaged in planetary science research (with support from NASA).
If you do not fall into any of these categories, then registration for the online conference is only €75 for student members of either society.
To receive email updates regarding future Goldschmidt conferences, please sign up on the Goldschmidt mailing list.
Information will also be made available through the monthly EAG newsletter – subscribe to EAG newsletter.