EAG 2021 Medallists
To recognize scientific excellence, the European Association of Geochemistry bestows awards annually. The award medal lectures are presented at the Goldschmidt2021 Conference.
Sachiko Amari, 2021 EAG Urey Award
Sachiko Amari has made groundbreaking and fundamental contributions to cosmochemistry, especially to the study of carbonaceous presolar grains and noble gases in meteorites. Her work has provided key new insights into the stellar nuclear processes responsible for the synthesis of the chemical elements and into the still mysterious nature of the primary carrier of noble gases in the earliest building blocks of planets. READ MORE
Fabrice Gaillard, 2021 EAG Science Innovation Award
Fabrice Gaillard is recognized for his pioneering achievements and contribution to shaping experimental physics of melt, as a prominent tool for describing and understanding the evolution of major Earth and planets reservoirs. More specifically, for his creative and impactful research on electrical conductivity, redox and volatile in magmas. READ MORE
Paolo Sossi, 2021 EAG Houtermans Award
Paolo Sossi is recognized for his important contribution to isotope geochemistry and experimental geochemistry applied to the understanding of early solar irradiation, planet formation and differentiation, and quantifying the fractionation of isotopes of metals during planetary evaporation and core formation. READ MORE
- H.C. Urey Award, the society’s highest honor, recognizing outstanding contributions advancing geochemistry over a career.
- Science Innovation Award, recognizing an important and innovative breakthrough in geochemistry. The subject area of this award differs every year, according to a 5 year cycle. The areas covered are: climatology, isotope geochemistry, low temperature and surface geochemistry, petrology and mineral physics, and biogeochemistry. The recipient must be within 30 years from the start of PhD.
- F.G. Houtermans Award, recognizing exceptional contributions to geochemistry made by scientists within 12 years from the start of PhD.
- Distinguished Service Award for outstanding service to the geochemical community, exceeding the expectations of normal service.
Joint EAG-GS Awards and Special Lectures
The following are jointly presented by the EAG and the Geochemical Society:
- Geochemistry Fellows, honorary title bestowed upon scientists who have made major contributions to the field of geochemistry.
- P. Gast Lectureship, awarded to a mid-career scientist for outstanding contributions to geochemistry.
- R. Berner Lecture, awarded to a mid-career scientist on a topic associated with elemental cycling at the Earth’s surface.
Ensure the recognition of deserving scientists and make a nomination before 31 October for Geochemistry Fellows and before 15 November for all other EAG awards.