EnvironMetal Isotopes 2013 conference, Ascona, Switzerland, 18-23 August (week before the Goldschmidt meeting in Florence), will assemble 80-100 international scientists. The EAG sponsors 10 PhD student grants to attend. Applications and abstract submissions deadline is 1 March. PhD students submitting an abstract can apply for a grant at the same time.
Deadline coming up
Registration for Goldschmidt 2013, 25-30 August, Florence, Italy, will open in a few days. All attendants of past Goldschmidt conferences and subscribers to the Goldschmidt mailing list will automatically be informed when registration opens. Please note the abstract deadline is 12 April and the early registration deadline is 25 June.
The EAG Distinguished Lecture Program aims to introduce scientists in under-represented regions of the world to emerging research areas in geochemistry. Tim Elliott (University of Bristol), was our 2012 Distinguished Lecturer and recounts the experience of giving 6 talks in 6 days in 4 Eastern European cities.
"I was both delighted but surprised when I was asked to be the EAG Distinguished Lecturer in Eastern Europe. Distinguished is not an adjective that has ever been closely associated with my activities. However, on contemplation of the broader meaning..." Read more
"Last week, a group of us from the Cohen Research Group, School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds, went to see a new movie. This is usually not an event worth blogging about but this movie was different. We saw the documentary “Chasing Ice”, a film by acclaimed environmental photographer James Balog. If you’re not aware of the film…" Read more
EAG Comic Strip
To receive job ads as they are posted, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. To post a position on the EAG job page (free of charge), please email the details (pdf or link to a webpage) to email@example.com.
- 30 PhD projects
- PhD position on influence of organic ligands on pollutants migration in argillaceous rocks
- Marie Curie Fellowship (ESR) for a PhD project in Experimental Mineralogy
- PhD position in Environmental Chemistry/Environmental Microbiology ‘Environmental fate of synthetic organic polymers‘
- Postdoctoral positions in analytical, environmental and exploration geochemistry with the Multidisciplinary Applied Geochemistry Network (MAGNET)
- Post-Doc Research Associate ‘Computational Molecular Simulation’
- Post-Doctoral position in Isotope Geochemistry
- Final days! Post-doctoral position: Genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic study of intracellular biomineralization of calcium carbonates by cyanobacteria
- Professor of Mineralogy
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Reader in Stable Isotope Geoscience
More at www.eag.eu.com/jobs.
Thank you for your attention