Applications Open for EAG Committees
Several positions will open in various EAG Committees in January 2024 so we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated volunteers for the following committees:
- Communications Committee: this committee is responsible for developing content for EAG pages in Elements Magazine and for the EAG Blogosphere, for providing articles for ‘Geochemistry making the news’ to include in the EAG monthly newsletters, for promoting the EAG Forum, and for improving EAG Communication in general. This committee may also assist with Goldschmidt communication.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee: this committee is responsible for developing initiatives and making recommendations to improve DEI within the society and all its activities, including the Goldschmidt conference.
- Training & Outreach Committee: this committee is in charge of reviewing applications for the Student Sponsorship Program, Early Career Ambassador Program, and Short Course and Conference Sponsorship Program, as well as for recommending candidates for the Distinguished Lecture and Outreach Programs.
- Council Nominations Committee: this committee is in charge of recommending candidates for all officer and non-officer positions envisioned to become vacant the following year.
- Award Nominations Committee: this committee is responsible for identifying candidates for the various awards, as well as soliciting nominations.
Eligibility: anyone working in the field of geochemistry at the time of application is eligible to apply. Membership of EAG is preferred.
Length of term: committee members are expected to serve a 3-year term on the committee.
Expressions of interest should be submitted via this form by 31 December 2023. Applicants will be informed of the outcome within 30 days of this deadline.