We invite all members of the geochemistry community, with a particular aim of giving a voice to scientists from diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds, to contribute to the soon-to-launch EAG Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Twitter feed. We welcome content (e.g. experiences, stories, thoughts, photos, suggestions, links, etc.) on the themes below and look forward to hearing other ideas, so please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute or to find out more.
- Show us #UndertheBench to highlight laboratory-based geochemistry research, including as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Spotlight the #HillsandValleys – the ups or downs – relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion in field-based geochemistry research.
- Give a shout-out to #LocalHeroes – scientist or non-scientist – for their involvement in geohazard research, management, volunteering, outreach, or other action around geoscience at the local or community scale.
- Published in Geochemical Perspectives, Geochemical Perspectives Letters, Elements, or Chemical Geology? Share a piece of the #TheBackStory – the trials and errors, the ‘aha’ moments, the things that kept you up at night – on the journey to your final publication.
- Reveal the #HiddenHistories of under-appreciated individuals in important science advances of their times.
- Participate in a #TwitterTakeover granting you Tweeting rights on the EAG-DEI Twitter platform for a fixed duration to boost awareness on a particular diversity, equity, or inclusion topic of your choice.