As the European Association of Geochemistry wishes to support students training in geochemistry, each year EAG sponsors 12 students up to 500 Euros per student to attend geochemistry related short courses, summer schools, workshops or conferences located in Europe, except for the Goldschmidt conference*. Students do not need to present any talk or poster at the event.
Applicants should be EAG members (check membership or join / renew) and send their request for sponsorship to Marie-Aude Hulshoff, EAG Business Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following:
- Sponsorship application form
- short CV (one page maximum)
- written approval (email or letter) from the student’s supervisor to attend the event
- applicant’s abstract if applicable
- proof of payment of accommodation/registration in the student’s name (if those documents are only available after the event, they should be sent within one month)
Following the event, sponsored students should provide a short report on their experience (both personal and scientific), including a few photos. Some of those reports will be published on the EAG Blog.
Deadlines to send applications are 1 February, 1 May, 1 September and 1 December. A response from EAG will then be given within four weeks following each deadline.
Note that it is not possible to be sponsored twice in the same year, or to receive sponsorship for an event already sponsored by EAG (see sponsored events). Students can apply every year but priority will be given to students who haven’t received funding yet.
*The Goldschmidt Grant Program provides support to early career scientists to attend Goldschmidt conferences.