The EAG Photo Contest ‘Wonders of Geochemistry’ is now open
If you are passionate about geochemistry and have taken photos that capture the ‘Wonders of Geochemistry’, enter our photo contest! Everyone is allowed to participate and you can submit up to 3 photos.
The authors of the top 3 winning photos will receive:
- A complimentary 5-year EAG membership (worth €100; if winners are already members, the complimentary membership will apply once the current membership expires). EAG membership benefits include reduced registration rates at Goldschmidt conferences, subscription to Elements Magazine, Geochemical Perspectives, Geochemical Perspectives Letters and more.
- Publication of the winning photos on the EAG website (on the photo contest webpage), as banner of the EAG website and EAG newsletter (provided the format can accommodate the banner size).
- Publication of the winning photos in Elements Magazine.
- The 3 winning photos will also be printed as post cards and available for distribution at Goldschmidt2017.
Photo contest dates and deadlines
|24 January||Photo submission opens|
|1 March||Photo submission closes|
|15 March||Top 10 photos announced and online voting opens|
|30 April||Online voting closes|
|15 May||Winners announced in the EAG newsletter|
Photos should be not older than 5 years and should not have been submitted in the 2014 or 2015 contests.
The Communications Committee will be initially select the top 10 photos based on the following criteria:
- Overall aesthetics of the photo
- Uniqueness of the photo
- Technical quality of the photo, including its composition
Candidates entering the contest must be the author of the photo and owner of the copyright; EAG does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images. Ownership and copyright of all entries remain with the photographer. EAG reserves the right to publish the winning photos without compensation, on publications, websites, brochures or for future contest promotion. Proper credit will be given to authors.